MSc in Business Analytics and Big Data
Degree Awarded:Bologna accredited Master of Science in Information Technology (90 ECTS); UK degree by the University of West London (180 UK credits)
Nowadays, computers are essential in businesses for management of vital information. With every single use of technology, a new record containing information related to a certain activity can potentially be tracked. Therefore, it is easy to imagine the huge amount of data available for businesses that could be analysed in order to learn as much as possible from it and improve elements such as cost-related procedures, customers’ assessment or global human health.
With this master degree, the students will be able to identify how to address and solve real-life problems based on data, and how to make use of statistical analysis, including explanatory and predictive modelling, and fact-based management to drive decision making. As well as modern business concepts, students will gain highly relevant IT skills that are of crucial importance for professional success in today's society, developing their analytical, creative and critical thinking.
All methodologies, concepts, frameworks and technologies that we provide students with are academically relevant and have been tried and tested by professionals in the business world. We apply newly acquired practices through engaged and interactive hand-on training in real-world technologies.
Key Disciplines Covered:
- Business Analytics
- Business & Marketing Intelligence
- Big Data
- Industry 4.0
- Machine Learning
- Data Warehousing & Data-Base Management
Throughout your studies you will develop skills in the following areas:
- Business Analytics : Learn how to develop new insights and understanding of business performance based on data. Develop the skills required and learn the technologies and practices for exploring and investigating past business performance to drive business planning. Learn how to make use of statistical analysis, including explanatory and predictive modelling, and fact-based management to drive decision making.
- Business & Marketing Intelligence: Acquire a practical vision of data gathering and data exploitation. Learn how to carry out Market Intelligence projects: from the design and implementation to the making decision process. Understand and apply the building process of dashboards and information systems based on KPIs to provide accurate reports and solutions to business problems and new market scenarios depending on the target audience or recipient.
- Industry 4.0: Understand the challenges of today’s business operations with focus to new product development and manufacturing techniques. Discuss applications of big data analysis techniques to the framework of modern industrial processes. Develop critical and analytical skills through application of basic concepts of data analysis and algorithmic to practical real problems of industry today.
- Machine Learning: Identify how to address and solve real-life problems based on data. Get expertise in applying supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement learning, which are the three main branches of the machine learning, and learn how to build predictive models of different nature (parametric and non-parametric) that will allow you to predict an event of interest for a new given record.
- Big Data: With every single use of technology, a new record containing information related to a certain activity can potentially be tracked. Dealing with this information is a real challenge in the IT community in order to improve elements such as cost-related procedures, customers’ assessment or global human health. In this sense, you will learn practically how to read, manipulate, analyse and store big amount of data using cutting-edge software tools.
- Data Warehousing: Successful business analytics depends on data quality, skilled analysts who understand the technologies and the business and an organizational commitment to data-driven decision making. Learn how to extract data from several business systems, transform it and integrate it into a single repository (data warehouse) to perform successful business analysis.
- Data-Base Management: Learn how to organize the data to model aspects of reality in a way that supports processes requiring information. Develop the skills to design, create, query, update and administrate databases using a database management system (DBMS).
- Business Analyst
- Business Information Manager
- Data Scientist
- Marketing Analyst
- Analytics Consultant
- 4 Year Bachelor Degree* or equivalent from a national or international accredited academic institution.
- Proof of English proficiency** of candidates who have not previously studied in an English speaking school or country. The tests and minimum scores we accept are: - IELTS 7 - TOEFL iBT 95 - Cambridge Certificate C1 - MIUC English Test - Pass
- Copy of Passport or ID
- Passport sized digital photograph
- Proof of English Proficiency (If you are not from an English speaking country or have not
- previously studied in English)
- Bachelor Certificate (Officially translated to English or Spanish)
- Bachelor Grade Transcripts (Officially translated to English or Spanish)
- Statement of Purpose (500 words on why you want to study at MIUC, your expectations and aspirations)
Tuition Fees for 1 year MA programmes
|Tuition fee includes the following:|
|Fall Semester:||Spring Semester:||Yearly Fee:|
|Study fees and course materials|
|Access to Blackboard Learning|
|Full access to the Library|
|Private Health insurance|
|Visa and immigration advice and support|
|24/7 daily student support|
|Total ammount:||9.950,00 €||9.950,00 €||19.900,00 €|
|UK validation additional charge||3.000,00 €|
|In total:||22.900,00 €|
All students are required to register for the courses in the first week of the semester.
Simply not attending classes later during the semester does not release you from the financial or academic obligation for courses in which you have previously enrolled. If you wish to drop one or more of your courses, you must officially drop the course(s) by de-registering at the Student Services.
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH STUDENT TO BE AWARE OF AND UNDERSTAND UNIVERSITY REGULATIONS AS PUBLISHED.