BSc in Computer Science
Degree Awarded:Bologna accredited Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (240 ECTS); UK degree by the University of West London (480 UK credits)
Nowadays, computers are essential in businesses for management of vital information. Every day is gaining importance innovation and the application and management of technology to create value for a business in this increasingly fierce competition in global markets.
Furthermore, technology is essential in our daily lives: laptops, mobile phones, web sites, medical records, online shopping, smart houses, etc. With every single use of technology, a new record containing information related to a certain activity can potentially be tracked. Everything that is measurable can be digitally stored. Therefore, it is easy to imagine the huge amount of data available for big multinationals, hospitals, governments, airports or research laboratories among many others institutions. Being able to analyse and learn as much as possible from all this data is a real challenge in the IT community in order to improve elements such as cost-related procedures, customers’ assessment or global human health.
With this course, the students will be able to identify how to address and solve real-life problems based on data, as well as create value through innovation and technology management. As well as modern business concepts, students will gain highly relevant IT skills that are of crucial importance for professional success in today's society, developing their analytical, creative and critical thinking.
All methodologies, concepts, frameworks and technologies that we provide students with are academically relevant and have been tried and tested by professionals in the business world. We apply newly acquired practices through engaged and interactive hand-on training in real-world technologies.
Key Disciplines Covered:
- Business Strategy
- Business Process Management
- Web Design and Development
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- Big Data
Throughout your studies you will develop skills in the following areas:
- Business Strategy: Learn how to formulate and implement a successful business strategy. Particularly focusing on how to differentiate your customer value proposition in the aim to “win” despite increasingly fierce competition in global markets, and on how social media can be leveraged to your advantage and the critical success factors in the 21st Century.
- Business Process Management: Develop an understanding of the importance and usefulness of business process modelling. Experience the benefits of using an IT infrastructure to analyse, (re)design, and improve end-to-end core business processes to continue to serve customers and remain competitive. Learn how to model, design and implement business processes with a Business Process Management System.
- Programming: Gain a clear understanding of programming. Develop the skills to describe processes and procedures and create computer programs. Benefit from connecting fundamental programming concepts with hand-on training in high-level programming languages.
- Web Design & Development: Learn how to design and develop your own dynamic and interactive web. You will specialize in both frontend (client-side aspects that relates directly with the browser) and backend (server-side programming) of website creation, being able to develop and work with the different web layers: structure, presentation and behaviour. Always with hands-on training in real-world technologies.
- Mobile App Design & Development: Majority of digital media consumption now takes place in mobile apps. Therefore, Mobile app development is steadily growing, in revenues and jobs created. Learn not only how to develop mobile applications (both frontend and backend), but also how to design them defining an understandable, user-friendly interface.
- Data-Base Management: Learn how to organize the data to model aspects of reality in a way that supports processes requiring information. Develop the skills to design, create, query, update and administrate databases using a database management system (DBMS).
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning: Identify how to address and solve real-life problems based on data. Get expertise in supervised and unsupervised learning, which are the two main branches of the artificial intelligence. Implement solutions using different machine learning approaches, and learn how to build predictive models of different nature (parametric and non-parametric) that will allow you to predict an event of interest for a new given record.
- Big Data: With every single use of technology, a new record containing information related to a certain activity can potentially be tracked. Dealing with this information is a real challenge in the IT community in order to improve elements such as cost-related procedures, customers’ assessment or global human health. In this sense, you will learn practically how to read, manipulate, analyse and store big amount of data using cutting-edge software tools.
Dr Eduardo Rivera
Eduardo Rivera is a software engineer specialized in modelling. He got his PhD (with honours) at the University of Málaga, and has contributed to the field of formal and modelling languages doing research at both the University of Málaga and the University of Alabama at Birmingham. He got specialized in Business Process Modelling working as a business analyst in two companies (in Spain and Panama) for the TV industry and the banking sector, where he was also involved in web development. His passion has always been teaching, and that’s where all his studies in Life Coaching and Developmental Behavioral Modelling come from.
Dr Esteban José Palomo Ferrer
Esteban José Palomo was born in 1982. He received his M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees (with honours) in computer engineering from the University of Malaga (Spain), in 2008 and 2013, respectively. For his Ph.D. Thesis, he was given the Extraordinary Doctorate Award from the same university. He joined the Department of Computer Languages and Computer Science, University of Malaga in 2007. In 2015, he joined the School of Mathematical Science and Information Technology at University of Yachay Tech (Ecuador). His current research interests include unsupervised learning, self-organization, data mining, image/video processing, and network security.
- High School Certificate All candidates with a completed high school education are eligible to apply. Students who have studied part of a degree at a different University or accredited higher education institution can apply for a credit transfer.
- Proof of English Proficiency* of candidates who have not previously studied in an English speaking school or country.The tests and minimum scores we accept are: - IELTS - 6 - TOEFL iBT - 72 - Cambridge Certificate - B2 - MIUC English Test - Pass
Application Supporting Documents:You will need to provide the following documents with your application:
- Copy of Passport or ID
- Passport sized digital photograph
- Proof of English Proficiency (If you are not from an English speaking country or have not previously studied in English)
- High School Certificate (Officially translated to English or Spanish)
- High School Grade Transcripts (Officially translated to English or Spanish)
- Statement of Purpose (500 words on why you want to study at MIUC, your expectations and aspirations)
Tuition Fees for BA programmes
|Tuition fee includes the following:|
|Fall Semester:||Spring Semester:||Yearly Fee:|
|Study fees and course materials|
|Access to Blackboard Learning|
|Full access to the Library|
|Private Health insurance|
|Visa and immigration advice and support|
|24/7 daily student support|
|Total ammount:||9.450,00 €||9.450,00 €||18.900,00 €|
|UK validation additional charge||3.000,00 €|
|In total:||21.900,00 €|
* For the annual payments in advance, we provide 5% discount.
* Apart from the health insurance that we provide for you, you must also submit a travel insurance that is mandatory for the visa procedure.
All students are required to register for the courses in the first week of the semester. Simply not attending classes later during the semester does not release you from the financial or academic obligation for courses in which you have previously enrolled. If you wish to drop one or more of your courses, you must officially drop the course(s) by de-registering at the Student Services.
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH STUDENT TO BE AWARE OF AND UNDERSTAND UNIVERSITY REGULATIONS AS PUBLISHED.