BA International Business by MGIMO
Location: Marbella (Years 1-3), Moscow (Year 4)
Programme Title: International Business
Degree Awarded: BA Management - International Business
All the methodologies, concepts, insights and frameworks this course provides for students are academically relevant as they are based on practices by tried and tested professionals in the business world.
The students will get to apply their newly acquired knowledge to practical examples and contemporary business cases through engaged, interactive discussions and role plays. As well as gaining modern business concepts, students will also develop highly relevant skills that are of crucial importance for professional and personal success in today's societies through challenging their analytical, creative and critical thinking skills.
Students will learn to make high-stake decisions while building and sharpening their ability to effectively influence others across various cultures, business functions and hierarchies.
In addition, our highly experienced faculty members will ensure that the theoretical knowledge gained is explored in the context of their own in-depth experience as seasoned senior executives on the business frontline.
Key Disciplines Covered:
- International Business Law
- Finance & Accounting
- Marketing & Business Strategy
- Human Resources
- Oil and Gas Sector Economics and International Energy Policy Issues
Throughout your studies you will develop skills in the following areas:
Leadership: Develop a clear understanding of what it takes to effectively lead yourself, lead others and lead businesses in order to achieve pre-determined goals and successfully execute corporate strategy.
International Business Law: This subject provides students with a comprehensive training which incorporates both business and law, and allows students to respond adequately in challenging areas related to international finance law, international trading law, business litigation/international arbitration.
Finance/Accounting: Master the art of translating business metrics into business intelligence. Manage control mechanisms to implement strategy. Forecasting instruments. Understanding financial vehicles to secure company organic and external growth.
Marketing and business strategy: Gain in-depth knowledge of consumer behaviour, how to stimulate demand by applying competitive advantage and how to create and manage brands and how to communicate effectively internally and externally. The overall objective is the understanding of how to manage intangible assets, such as product, price, placement and promotion.
Entrepreneurship: Gain insight into how to create and exploit a business opportunity with a scalable, sustainable business model. Understand the elements and the purpose of a business plan. Understand modern sources for financing and adapt to the mind-set of different investors.
Macroeconomics: This subject will provide students with an in-depth learning of large-scale or general economic factors in order to understand the global economy.
Human Resource Management: Develop a clear understanding of HR planning and HR operations with regard to recruitment, performance management and workforce development for succession purposes.
Negotiation: Learn about the negotiation process, the fundamental differences of claiming value vs. creating value, and how to strengthen your negotiation position through diligent preparation, e.g. by analysing and quantifying alternatives to the deal.
Oil and Gas Sector Economics and International Energy Policy Issues: Develop a clear understanding of process management in the oil and gas sector, particularly in the leading companies in Russia.
These subjects may be subject to change.
- Managerial careers in small, medium-sized and/or international companies in any sector;
- Product Manager;
- Careers as a business expert in public institutions
- Careers as a business expert in not-for-profit organisations
- Entrepreneurial careers in any sector;
- Import/Export Trade coordinator;
- Product manager;
- Financial Analyst;
- Careers in consultancy and other knowledge-based service sectors
Rolling Admission - We receive and process applications on an ongoing basis as they are sent in.
- High School Certificate All candidates with a completed high school education are eligible to apply. Students who have studied part of a degree at a different University or accredited higher education institution can apply for a credit transfer.
- Proof of English Proficiency* of candidates who have not previously studied in an English speaking school or country.The tests and minimum scores we accept are:
- IELTS - 6.5
- TOEFL iBT - 88
- Cambridge Certificate - B2
- MIUC English Test - Pass
Application Supporting Documents:
You will need to provide the following documents with your application:
- Copy of Passport or ID
- Passport sized digital photograph
- High School Certificate (Officially translated to English or Spanish)
- High School Grade Transcripts (Officially translated to English or Spanish)
- Statement of Purpose (min. 500 words on why you want to study at MIUC, your expectations and aspirations)
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Curriculum vitae
*Pre-sessional English courses are available to those who do not satisfy the English proficiency requirement.
|Tuition fee includes the following:|
|1st Year at MIUC:||2nd Year at MIUC:||3rd Year at MIUC:||4th Year at MGIMO:|
|Study fees and course materials|
|Access to Blackboard Learning|
|Full access to the Library|
|Private Health insurance|
|Visa and immigration advice and support|
|24/7 daily student support|
|Total ammount:||18.900,00 €||18.900,00 €||18.900,00 €||8.200,00 €|
* For the annual payments in advance, we provide 5% discount.
* Apart from the health insurance that we provide for you, you must also submit a travel insurance that is mandatory for the visa procedure.
All students are required to register for the courses in the first week of the semester.
Simply not attending classes later during the semester does not release you from the financial or academic obligation for courses in which you have previously enrolled. If you wish to drop one or more of your courses, you must officially drop the course(s) by de-registering at the Student Services.
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH STUDENT TO BE AWARE OF AND UNDERSTAND UNIVERSITY REGULATIONS AS PUBLISHED.