BA International Business
Exntended Degree: Bachelor in International Business with Law
Students are also able to personalise their study programme with elective modules in the field of law.
Programme Title: International Business
MIUC Awarded Degree: Bachelor (Hons) in Management - International Business
UWL Awarded Degree: Bachelor (Hons) in International Business Management (Extended Degree) All methodologies, concepts, insights and frameworks that we provide students with are academically relevant and have been tried and tested by professionals in the business world. We apply newly acquired knowledge to practical examples and contemporary business cases through engaged, interactive discussions and role plays. As well as modern business concepts, students will gain highly relevant skills that are of crucial importance for professional and personal success in today's society, developing their analytical, creative and critical thinking. Students will learn to take high stake decisions accurately and efficiently while building and sharpening their ability to influence others effectively across cultures, business functions and hierarchies. In addition, our highly experienced business faculty members ensure that the theoretical knowledge is compared to and put into context with their own in-depth experience as seasoned senior executives on the front line of business.
Key Disciplines Covered:
- Finance & Accounting
- Marketing Business Strategy
- Human Resources
- Leadership: Develop a clear understanding of what it takes to effectively lead yourself, lead others and lead businesses in order to achieve pre-determined goals and successfully execute corporate strategy.
- Business Strategy: Learn how to formulate and implement a successful business strategy. Particularly focusing on how to differentiate your customer value proposition in the aim to “win” despite increasingly fierce competition in global markets, how social media can be leveraged to your advantage and the critical success factors in the 21st Century.
- Entrepreneurship: Gain insight into how to create and exploit a business opportunity with a scalable, sustainable business model. Understand the elements and the purpose of a business plan. Understand modern sources for financing and adapt to the mind-set of different investors.
- Human Resource Management: Develop a clear understanding of HR planning and HR operations with regards to recruitment, performance management and workforce development for succession purposes.
- Marketing: Gain in-depth knowledge of consumer behaviour, how to stimulate demand by applying the competitive advantage and how to create and manage brands and how to communicate effectively internally and externally. The overall objective is the comprehension of how to manage intangible assets, such as: product, price, placement and promotion.
- Negotiation: Learn about the negotiation process, the fundamental differences of claiming value vs. creating value, and how to strengthen your negotiation position through diligent preparation, e.g. by analysing and quantifying alternatives to the deal.
- Operations Management: Develop a clear understanding of process management, supply chain management and customer relationship management.
- Investment and Project Management: Learn how to plan, organize and control resources and processes in order to achieve specific goals as part of temporary endeavours. Also understand how project management supports the overall corporate strategy and change management.
- Finance / Accounting: Master translating business metrics into business intelligence. Managing control mechanisms to implement strategy. Forecasting instruments. Understanding financial vehicles to secure company organic and external growth.
Upon graduation, students can go on to:
- MBA (with appropriate work experience)
- MA/MSc International Business
- MA/MSc Banking and Finance
Typical industry destinations include:
- Industry (Banking sector, retail sector, production sector)
- Financial service adviser
- Investment adviser
- Domestic or Foreign Sales representative
- Regional operation manager
- Project and strategy officer
- Marketing assistant
- Business analyst (junior position)
- Market researcher (junior position)
- International organizations (World Bank, IMF, ECB, WTO, EU)
- Policy analyst
- Junior researcher
- Program coordinator
- Non-profit organizations
- High School Certificate All candidates with a completed high school education are eligible to apply. Students who have studied part of a degree at a different University or accredited higher education institution can apply for a credit transfer.
- Proof of English Proficiency* of candidates who have not previously studied in an English speaking school or country.The tests and minimum scores we accept are: - IELTS - 6 - TOEFL iBT - 72 - Cambridge Certificate - B2 - MIUC English Test - Pass
Application Supporting Documents:You will need to provide the following documents with your application:
- Copy of Passport or ID
- Passport sized digital photograph
- Proof of English Proficiency (If you are not from an English speaking country or have not previously studied in English)
- High School Certificate (Officially translated to English or Spanish)
- High School Grade Transcripts (Officially translated to English or Spanish)
- Statement of Purpose (500 words on why you want to study at MIUC, your expectations and aspirations)
Tuition Fees for BA programmes
|Tuition fee includes the following:|
|Fall Semester:||Spring Semester:||Yearly Fee:|
|Study fees and course materials|
|Access to Blackboard Learning|
|Full access to the Library|
|Private Health insurance|
|Visa and immigration advice and support|
|24/7 daily student support|
|Total ammount:||9.450,00 €||9.450,00 €||18.900,00 €|
|UK validation additional charge||3.000,00 €|
|In total:||21.900,00 €|