BSc in IT and Data Science
Degree Awarded: Bachelor in IT and Data Science
As the world we are living in underwent a fundamental change from an industrial society to an “information society”, information technology became the most dynamic and influential industry of our times. From its inception just half a century ago, computing has become the defining force of our civilization, changing every single aspect of how we live and work.
With this course, the students will gain knowledge and skills in software engineering, mobile application development, database management, and similar, to be able to identify how to address and solve real-life problems based on data, as well as create value through innovation and technology management. As well as modern business concepts, students will gain highly relevant IT skills that are of crucial importance for professional success in today's society.
All methodologies, concepts, frameworks and technologies that we provide students with are academically relevant and have been tried and tested by professionals in a real world. We apply newly acquired practices through engaged and interactive hand-on training.
Key Disciplines Covered:
- Software Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence & Big Data
- Web Design and Development
- Mobile App Design & Development
- Database Management
- Business Strategy
- Business Process Management
- Software Engineering: Writing quality software is hard, challenging and can be overwhelming. However, the engineering principle is followed, quality can be guaranteed. In this sense, you will learn how to apply engineering to the development of software in a systematic method, and explore all the stages of the Software Development Life Cycle (system analysis, design, implementation, verification/testing, maintenance) making use of the latest technologies and methodologies.
- Web Design & Development: Learn how to design and develop your own dynamic and interactive web. You will specialize in both frontend (client-side aspects that relates directly with the browser) and backend (server-side programming) of website creation, being able to develop and work with the different web layers: structure, presentation and behaviour. Always with hands-on training in real-world technologies.
- Business Process Management: Develop an understanding of the importance and usefulness of business process modelling. Experience the benefits of using an IT infrastructure to analyse, (re)design, and improve end-to-end core business processes to continue to serve customers and remain competitive. Learn how to model, design and implement business processes with a Business Process Management System.
- Mobile App Design & Development:Majority of digital media consumption now takes place in mobile apps. Therefore, Mobile app development is steadily growing, in revenues and jobs created. Learn not only how to develop mobile applications (both frontend and backend), but also how to design them defining an understandable, user-friendly interface.
- Data-Base Management: Learn how to organize the data to model aspects of reality in a way that supports processes requiring information. Develop the skills to design, create, query, update and administrate databases using a database management system (DBMS).
- Business Strategy:Learn how to formulate and implement a successful business strategy. Particularly focusing on how to differentiate your customer value proposition in the aim to “win” despite increasingly fierce competition in global markets, and on how social media can be leveraged to your advantage and the critical success factors in the 21st Century.
- Artificial Intelligence & Big Data: With every single use of technology, a new record containing information related to a certain activity can potentially be tracked. Dealing with this information is a real challenge in the IT community in order to improve elements such as cost-related procedures, customers’ assessment or global human health. In this sense, you will learn how to address and solve real-life problems based on data; get expertise in supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement learning, which are the three main branches of the artificial intelligence; implement solutions using different machine learning approaches, and learn how to build predictive models of different nature (parametric and non-parametric) that will allow you to predict an event of interest for a new given record.
With a Bachelor in IT and Data Science, you will immediately increase your employability, allowing you to secure a bright and prosperous future. The extensive range of knowledge, skills and abilities that MIUC provides allows you to pursue:
- Software Engineer
- Software Developer
- Web Developer
- IT and Business Analyst
- Project Manager
- Entrepreneurial Careers
- High School Certificate All candidates with a completed high school education are eligible to apply. Students who have studied part of a degree at a different University or accredited higher education institution can apply for a credit transfer.
- Proof of English Proficiency* of candidates who have not previously studied in an English speaking school or country.The tests and minimum scores we accept are: - IELTS - 6 - TOEFL iBT - 72 - Cambridge Certificate - B2 - MIUC English Test - Pass
Application Supporting Documents:You will need to provide the following documents with your application:
- Copy of Passport or ID
- Passport sized digital photograph
- Proof of English Proficiency (If you are not from an English speaking country or have not previously studied in English)
- High School Certificate (Officially translated to English or Spanish)
- High School Grade Transcripts (Officially translated to English or Spanish)
- Statement of Purpose (500 words on why you want to study at MIUC, your expectations and aspirations)
Tuition Fees for BA programmes
|Tuition fee includes the following:|
|Fall Semester:||Spring Semester:||Yearly Fee:|
|Study fees and course materials|
|Access to Blackboard Learning|
|Full access to the Library|
|Private Health insurance|
|Visa and immigration advice and support|
|24/7 daily student support|
|Total ammount:||9.450,00 €||9.450,00 €||18.900,00 €|
|UK validation additional charge||3.000,00 €|
|In total:||21.900,00 €|