BSc in Information Systems and Data Science
Degree Awarded: Bologna accredited Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (240 ECTS)
Nowadays, computers are essential in businesses for management of vital information. Every day is gaining importance innovation and the application and management of technology to create value for a business in this increasingly fierce competition in global markets.
Furthermore, technology is essential in our daily lives: laptops, mobile phones, web sites, medical records, online shopping, smart houses, etc. With every single use of technology, a new record containing information related to a certain activity can potentially be tracked. Everything that is measurable can be digitally stored. Therefore, it is easy to imagine the huge amount of data available for big multinationals, hospitals, governments, airports or research laboratories among many others institutions. Being able to analyse and learn as much as possible from all this data is a real challenge in the IT community in order to improve elements such as cost-related procedures, customers’ assessment or global human health.
With this course, the students will be able to identify how to address and solve real-life problems based on data, as well as create value through innovation and technology management. As well as modern business concepts, students will gain highly relevant IT skills that are of crucial importance for professional success in today's society, developing their analytical, creative and critical thinking.
All methodologies, concepts, frameworks and technologies that we provide students with are academically relevant and have been tried and tested by professionals in the business world. We apply newly acquired practices through engaged and interactive hand-on training in real-world technologies.
Key Disciplines Covered:
- Business Strategy
- Business Process Management
- Business Analytics
- Business & Marketing Intelligence
- Artificial Intelligence & Big Data
- Data Warehousing & Data-Base Management
Throughout your studies you will develop skills in the following areas:
- Business Strategy: Learn how to formulate and implement a successful business strategy. Particularly focusing on how to differentiate your customer value proposition in the aim to “win” despite increasingly fierce competition in global markets, and on how social media can be leveraged to your advantage and the critical success factors in the 21st Century.
- Business Process Management: Develop an understanding of the importance and usefulness of business process modelling. Experience the benefits of using an IT infrastructure to analyse, (re)design, and improve end-to-end core business processes to continue to serve customers and remain competitive. Learn how to model, design and implement business processes with a Business Process Management System.
- Business Analytics : Learn how to develop new insights and understanding of business performance based on data. Develop the skills required and learn the technologies and practices for exploring and investigating past business performance to drive business planning. Learn how to make use of statistical analysis, including explanatory and predictive modelling, and fact-based management to drive decision making.
- Business & Marketing Intelligence: Acquire a practical vision of data gathering and data exploitation. Learn how to carry out Market Intelligence projects: from the design and implementation to the making decision process. Understand and apply the building process of dashboards and information systems based on KPIs to provide accurate reports and solutions to business problems and new market scenarios depending on the target audience or recipient.
- Artificial Intelligence & Big Data: With every single use of technology, a new record containing information related to a certain activity can potentially be tracked. Dealing with this information is a real challenge in the IT community in order to improve elements such as cost-related procedures, customers’ assessment or global human health. In this sense, you will learn how to address and solve real-life problems based on data; get expertise in supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement learning, which are the three main branches of the artificial intelligence; implement solutions using different machine learning approaches, and learn how to build predictive models of different nature (parametric and non-parametric) that will allow you to predict an event of interest for a new given record.
- Data Warehousing: Successful business analytics depends on data quality, skilled analysts who understand the technologies and the business and an organizational commitment to data-driven decision making. Learn how to extract data from several business systems, transform it and integrate it into a single repository (data warehouse) to perform successful business analysis.
- Data-Base Management: Learn how to organize the data to model aspects of reality in a way that supports processes requiring information. Develop the skills to design, create, query, update and administrate databases using a database management system (DBMS).
- IS and Business Analyst
- Business Information Manager
- Entrepreneurial careers
- Project Manager
- Data Scientist
- Marketing Analyst
- High School Certificate All candidates with a completed high school education are eligible to apply. Students who have studied part of a degree at a different University or accredited higher education institution can apply for a credit transfer.
- Proof of English Proficiency* of candidates who have not previously studied in an English speaking school or country.The tests and minimum scores we accept are: - IELTS - 6 - TOEFL iBT - 72 - Cambridge Certificate - B2 - MIUC English Test - Pass
Application Supporting Documents:You will need to provide the following documents with your application:
- Copy of Passport or ID
- Passport sized digital photograph
- Proof of English Proficiency (If you are not from an English speaking country or have not previously studied in English)
- High School Certificate (Officially translated to English or Spanish)
- High School Grade Transcripts (Officially translated to English or Spanish)
- Statement of Purpose (500 words on why you want to study at MIUC, your expectations and aspirations)
Tuition Fees for BA programmes
|Tuition fee includes the following:|
|Fall Semester:||Spring Semester:||Yearly Fee:|
|Study fees and course materials|
|Access to Blackboard Learning|
|Full access to the Library|
|Private Health insurance|
|Visa and immigration advice and support|
|24/7 daily student support|
|Total ammount:||9.450,00 €||9.450,00 €||18.900,00 €|
All students are required to register for the courses in the first week of the semester. Simply not attending classes later during the semester does not release you from the financial or academic obligation for courses in which you have previously enrolled. If you wish to drop one or more of your courses, you must officially drop the course(s) by de-registering at the Student Services.
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH STUDENT TO BE AWARE OF AND UNDERSTAND UNIVERSITY REGULATIONS AS PUBLISHED.