Full scholarships for Marbella residents
MIUC is pleased to announce that in partnership with Marbella Town Hall, for the second consecutive year, seven full scholarships will be awarded to the best and brightest among high-school residents of the municipality of Marbella.
Each scholarship will cover the four years of duration of our Bachelor Degree programmes, including tuition fees, learning material, access to all MIUC campus facilities and activities.
MIUC praises the leadership and vision of government of the Marbella Town Hall and would like to express gratitude for being given the opportunity to have a positive impact on our local community.
Key Details - 2015 Call
Scholarships Available: 7 full scholarships
Application Period: 10th - 24th July
Provisional Decision: 29th July
Period for Claims: 3 days
Final List of Candidates: 31st of July
English Test & Interview: 3rd of August
Final Decision: 4th of August
Contact: Marina Fernández-Peña
E-mail: [email protected]
Students on scholarships at MIUC enjoy the same status and benefits that any other MIUC student, including a complimentary iPad at the beginning of their course, full use of all on campus facilities, learning materials and personal tutoring from our outstanding professors.
The application process is open to anyone who has been a Marbella resident for over two years and wishes to apply.
Applications will be reviewed individually and Scholarships will be granted taking into consideration factors such as academic performance and household income.
The scholarship application period will run from the 10th to the 24th of July 2015. Provisional results will be available on the 29th of July 2015 on our website and on the notice board at the Marbella Town Hall. There will be a 3 day period for claims and the final list will be published on the 31st of July 2015.
Applicants who are on this provisional list will be required to complete an oral and written English proficiency test at MIUC on the 3rd of August 2015, once this test has been passed, and on the same date, they will attend an interview conducted by the MIUC Scholarship Committee and members of the Marbella Town Hall.
The final results will be released on the 4th of August 2015.
- To have been registered as a Marbella resident for a minimum of two years prior to the scholarship application period.
- To have completed Baccalaureate or equivalent, a higher level education cycle or to have passed the U.N.E.D exam.
- To be less than 24 years old at the time of the start of the programme (two scholarships may be granted to people who exceed this age limit).
- To pass the MIUC standard English proficiency exam.
- To have achieved a minimum average grade of 7, 5 in the Baccalaureate.
How to apply
Applicants must bring the following documents to MIUC before the deadline:
- Photocopy of National Identity Card or confirmation of request slip.
- Photocopy of official high school certificate, higher level education cycle or U.N.E.D exam with full grade transcripts and average grade.
- Photocopy of statement of earnings of all household members from the last tax year. In cases where the household members do not have to declare their earnings due to low income, we request a confirmation certificate from Hacienda as well as evidence of unemployment benefits if applicable.
- Work history of all household members who are over 16 years old.
- The applicant’s description of their household’s socioeconomic situation as well as their reasons for studying at MIUC.
- Photocopy of residence certificate.
Please note that only documents that are submitted within the application period will be considered.